Most business have multiple business applications, and having them work together seamlessly drives large process improvements. HAL Systems can develop interfaces for many different business systems.
Many customers realize significant accuracy and efficiency improvements as a result of an interface to their ERP/Accounting system. Accuracy is improved by eliminating errors caused by mis-keying information as it is typed from one system to the other. And with automatic transfer of data between systems, the workload of re-keying the information is eliminated and the speed of the data transfer is immediate, keeping both systems accurate and consistent. HAL Systems can establish interfaces with all ERP/Accounting systems, including legacy installations. The most common data that is transferred through an ERP interface is:
Sales order information for current orders that need to be picked
- Eliminates need to retype sales order into WMS for picking.
- Can allow for partial shipment of an order and appropriate notification back to ERP.
- Visibility for customer service to answer customer question about status of order in real time.
Purchase order information for orders that have been placed with vendors and will be received in to the warehouse.
- Eliminates need to retype purchase order into WMS for receiving.
- ERP is automatically updated when purchase order received quantity is different than anticipated to assist with reconciling with vendor.
- Updates inventory in ERP, to quickly reflect new inventory that is available.
Shipped order information for current orders
- Update ERP system to trigger invoicing of customer shipments.
- Update ERP quantity available to be picked after each transaction to assist in purchasing and accurate customer commitments.
Cycle count integration.
- Update ERP with variances that will affect quantity on hand and accounting balances for accurate customer commitments and financial reporting.
Synchronize Master Data
- Allows for single point of input (usually in ERP) for item master data and vendor information, insuring consistency between the two systems
Customers can also realize significant benefits with an interface to common carrier shipping systems such as UPS Worldship and FedEx Ship Manager, particularly if an interface to the ERP/Accounting system has been established.
- Eliminates need to retype customer address information to the shipping system.
- Tracking numbers, shipment timing and cost information can be updated in the warehouse management system and passed on to the ERP system for accurate visibility and invoicing.
eCommerce sites are increasingly common methods of receiving orders. Businesses looking to establish a presence on an internal eCommerce site, independent sites such as eBay or Amazon, or customer specific sites such as Best Buy need to meet stringent availability and fulfillment standards. This can involve complex interactions between an ERP/Accounting system, a warehouse management system, and a shipping system. HAL Systems can provide the capabilities to make Omni-Channel fulfillment a reality for your business.
Interfaces can also be established with other warehouses systems, such as electronic weighing scales, pick-to-light installations, material handling automation, and other systems.